Verdant AI is looking for an experienced sales director to take our enterprise-grade AI offerings to the most forward-thinking enterprises interested in turning their data into valuable revenue-generating products.
Verdant is bridging the corporate and startup innovation gap for AI. We are a values-driven team with rare and valuable skills developed over decades of effort. We understand that our superpowers come with responsibilities. To that end, we have set our sights on the industries with the most impact on the global economy and are driven to tackle all 17 UN Sustainable Development Goals, especially within data-rich sectors. We believe technology and AI have the power to positively impact environmental health, sustainable development, and medical access.
We have the luxury of choosing who we work with and our choice of companies reflects our dedication to advancing science, society, and humanity.
The successful candidate will be a player-coach responsible for building a book of business focused on enterprise customers within health-tech, clean-tech, media, and financial services verticals. You will be tasked with building our pipeline and developing our sales infrastructure as well as building out our sales team.
You should feel comfortable selling to “V” and “C” level executives in our vertical markets and have a minimum of 5-7 years of solution selling experience with SaaS enterprise technologies. We are looking for a self-starter who can work collaboratively with the broader organization to drive deals. Ideal backgrounds would include experience in CRM, medical devices, cleantech, or media with existing contacts in those verticals and relationships in the region. Of course, the candidate would have a track record of consistently over-exceeding quota.
Sales Director Job Responsibilities:
- Drive new business and incremental revenue via enterprise clients
- Present, pitch and run product demonstrations as required
- Work closely with the development team and marketing to enable digital, account-based marketing (ABM) and cold sales leads (SQL’s)
- Research customers and uncover potential new business and ABM opportunities
- Utilize CRM to track and manage all pertinent information related to leads and opportunities.
- Gain in-depth knowledge of the startup studios and innovation labs and stay up-to-date on industry trends
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for vertical markets and project expected sales
- Develop a sales plan that includes onboarding ramp and new hires as the business builds.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BA in business administration, statistics, mathematics, or related field
- Drive and passion for business development, sales, and relationship building
- 5-7 years experience in B2B sales, or business development
- Relationships and knowledge in one or more of our target verticals
- Strong understanding of the sales process and supporting systems (ie: CRM)
- Strong history of over-achieving quota
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable talking to high-level executives
- Must be a self-starter and willing to learn and feel comfortable in a startup environment
- Must be able to work in both autonomous and collaborative environments
- Must be highly organized and work well with priority changes and/or pressure
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, developing the role as things change with the business
We are AI specialists that have a passion for applying machine learning, advanced analytics, statistical learning, genetic algorithms, and more in order to solve complex business problems.
Part startup studio, part innovation lab, the Verdant team leverages its core talents to advance innovation where it is most needed, in solving the world’s most complex problems. We pursue technologies and business models that improve the health of the global human population and ecology.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org